The Technical Writer will create both internal and external software product documentation for our employees and customers.
What You’ll Do
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Work closely with our engineering, project management, and customer success teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of our product
- Translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write clear and concise procedural content for different audiences of varying technical knowledge
- Evaluate current content and develop a comprehensive strategy for updates and improvements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with the development team to identify and create user documentation for the new features of each software release
- Work with the customer support team to identify common customer issues and create documentation to address them
- Maintain and develop the online knowledge base
- Assist with the creation of customer and employee training materials
- Create customer notifications for each software release, including product bulletins and release notes
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent voice across all documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Who You Are
You have experience in a technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. You can evaluate and understand complex information and explain it in simple and concise terms. You have a natural desire to help people understand difficult concepts.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: 2-4 years of technical writing experience, preferably for B2B SaaS products
- Demonstrated writing skills, with a focus on concise communications to target audience
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Experience writing procedural documentation for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Jira Software preferred
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred
Who We Are
Our team at ImplantBase is solving some of the biggest problems that face the Orthopedic Medical Device industry today. We are the market leader in an industry that is antiquated and in desperate need of digital transformation. Our web-based and mobile SaaS solution is leading the industry to a brighter and more efficient future. With over 30+ customer companies, and many more in the pipeline, we are growing fast and have a healthy backlog of new feature requests and product improvements. Our customers rely on the solution you'll be building every day and we need engineers to help us move faster and provide a better product to enable our customers to get more value out of ImplantBase.
Our Core Values are:
- Be Bold
- Do the Right Thing
- Find Balance
- Embrace Diversity
Are you a skilled wordsmith? Are you the kind of person who likes writing useful, engaging content? Do you have the ability to teach complex concepts in an approachable manner? Are you a high-energy person who enjoys collaborating with people to solve complex problems? Do you like digging into details and figuring things out? If so, let us know!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary between $65,000 - $75,000 based on experience, and annual increases based on performance
- Ability to work fully remote
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- Ample paid time off to recharge your batteries, including 8 holidays and 20 flex days.
- Strong work/life balance with a focus that we all have - and should have – lives outside of work.
- 401(k) plan and 4% employer match.
- Challenging work with the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Professional development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to
race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.